Grandparent’s Rights

In Indiana, a grandparent may seek visitation rights if the child’s parent is deceased, if the marriage of the child’s parents has been dissolved in Indiana, or if the child was born out of wedlock and paternity has been established. The court may grant visitation rights if the court determines that visitation rights are in the best interests of the child. A proceeding for grandparent’s visitation begins by the filing of a petition in the county in which the child resides or the county having jurisdiction over the dissolution of the parents’ marriage.

If you are a grandparent and are being denied your legal rights to see your grandchildren, please call us to learn more about your rights and how we may be able to help.

136 S 9th St # 400
Noblesville, IN 46060
phone: (317) 773-1974
fax: (317) 773-0943

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
By submitting this form Adler Tesnar & Whalin. will take no action to protect your interests. Submission of this form does not estalish an attorney-client privilege. Please do not submit any confidential information through this form.